Custom Size KEYBOARD Bag
We can make any custom sized bag you want, based on the interior dimensions you enter! These are exceedingly durable bags, suitable for carrying heavy KEYBOARDS to thousands of shows. They feature high density, high resilience foam padding, Cordura or top grain leather exteriors, and highly durable components. MIC BAGS are made with dividers and velcro interiors, so use that page if you intend to carry mics inside. Cords, EWIs, Mics, DAWs, or all of the above — we gotcha! — Use the GEAR BAG page. Sizes that we’ve designed for other people are cheaper and available in LEATHER or CORDURA. The melodica bag in the photos belongs to Donald Fagen, yo.
NOTE: Most Cronkhite orders are cut and sewn after the order is made. If you need a rush, be sure to check with us first.
- These are made from Top Grain Leather or 1000D Cordura, which is still the “Go-To” nylon for Mil Spec applications due to its durability and abrasion resistance. After designing hundreds and selling thousands of unique tuba bags over the past several decades, we know how to make durable products.
- All keyboard bags feature .75″ HR/HD foam in the outside walls for great gear protection.
- Length is left to right as the person plays the keyboard. For a typical professional keyboard, this would be the longest dimension, maybe 60 inches. The zipper will be installed here.
- Depth is the front of the instrument (keys) to the back (inputs or power cord, usually). In the keyboard example, this might be 14 inches.
- Height is the height of the instrument, and should clear all levers. If the instrument is sloped, measure the greatest height. We cannot make it slope to fit the contour, sorry. For a typical keyboard, this might be 5 or 6 inches.
- The interior of the bag we make will fit the dimensions you provide — understand there can’t be any returns for fit issues unless we mess up. There will be an additional .75” of high density/high resilience foam, plus the thickness of the leather or nylon, so plan on receiving a bag with an additional inch for the final exterior dimension in every direction, i.e., 45″ wide gets an ID of 45″, but an OD of 47″. If you are putting this gig bag inside another carrying case or road compartment, this could be important!
- All bags will come with a heavy duty shoulder strap for side-body carriage. Large bags will include reinforced backpack straps that are sewn and riveted on the upper/shoulder side (clips eventually break — you don’t want them removable — trust us). Our US-Made rivets are brass plated steel, machine set for consistency, and backed up with a 1/2” washer under the foam for durability. Zippers are high quality, US-Made #10 YKK coil zippers. Thread is US-Made T140 poly (good against UV and acids).
- The massive keyboard bag in the photo was for a 74 pound Korg organ, shown here in Canyon Sunrise, and we doubled up the clips for a fail safe shoulder strap. The customer was THRILLED!
- The melodica bag was gifted to Donald Fagen by Michael Leonhart, and it was a thrill to be invited into Mr. Fagen’s dressing room to say hello after a Steely Dan gig in Minneapolis. He loved it, and gave my son one of his touring melodicas.
|Dimensions||45 × 16 × 5 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.